A Victorian Department of Health and Human Services partnership.
The Victorian PHN Alliance are undertaking a statewide initiative to enhance primary care workforce capacity focused on better practice sexually transmitted disease (STD) diagnosis, management and support. In-scope STDs include chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis. Key activities include the following:
- Customisation/further development of localised care pathways. This involves the development of local clinical advisory panels to inform pathway updates and clinical management, GP expert support including liaison with tertiary specialists, pharmacists and others, and promotion of localised care pathways.
- Education and training for health professionals. This is being undertaken through the Victorian HIV & Hepatitis Integrated Training And Learning (VHHITAL) program.
- Support and coordination across the six Victorian PHNs
Localised HealthPathways for adolescent health are available across the six PHNs. Visit your local HealthPathways website for more information.
- Provider engagement and training
- Clinical support
- Chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis localised care pathways